BankFive is dedicated to providing a safe and secure banking experience, both in-person and digitally. Our mobile apps and online banking systems are protected by sophisticated technology, and we strive to educate our customers about mobile security and proper safety precautions.
A more secure mobile experience:
As a reminder, we will never ask our customers for account numbers, passwords or other sensitive personal information by email, telephone, or text message. Likewise, you should never send sensitive information such as account numbers or Social Security numbers via email or text message.
Secure Mobile Registration
- BankFive's Mobile Banking services, including our apps, mobile-web interface, and SMS text message banking, are tied to our online banking system. In order to use Mobile Banking, customers must first be enrolled in Online Banking.
- To log into Mobile Banking, customers will use the same user ID and password as they use for Online Banking.
- Mobile Banking only allows one registration per customer. There is no opportunity for a fraudster to create a second account once you have established your security credentials.
- For SMS text message banking, only valid texts sent to a BankFive shortcode from a previously activated phone number will work.
Helpful Tips to Maintain Mobile Security
- To help protect your phone from unauthorized use, create a passcode to access the phone.
- Download and apply security updates and patches to your mobile browser whenever they are made available. These are designed to protect you from known security risks.
- To prevent viruses or other unwanted problems, do not open any attachments you receive via text or email from unknown or untrustworthy sources.
- Do not install pirated software or software from unknown sources on your mobile device.
- Limit unauthorized access to your cell phone. Never leave your device unattended during an open mobile banking session.
- Never save your Online Banking user ID and password on your mobile device, in memos, or in your phone's browser.
- Always remember to log off properly using the “Sign Off” button when you have completed your mobile banking activities.
- Be aware of the potential for fraudulent mobile banking apps. Always ensure you’re downloading the legitimate BankFive apps. One way to make sure you’re downloading the official apps, is to download them via the app store links on our website.
- If your phone is lost or stolen, contact your wireless carrier immediately to stop your wireless service.
Are you a business customer? Download our Business Mobile Banking App.