Special mortgage options for military personnel and their families.
We're proud to support homebuyers in Massachusetts who have served our nation and are on the road to homeownership. Our Operation Welcome Home Loans, made possible by MassHousing, are available to first-time buyers* who are either active duty military, veterans who served honorably, members of the Reserves or National Guard, or Gold Star Families. These loans combine a traditional 30-year, fixed-rate mortgage with a no-interest deferred down payment and/or closing cost assistance of up to 3% for eligible borrowers.
More flexibility and favorable terms for eligible borrowers:
- Up to 97% financing on single-family homes and condos, and up to 95% financing on two- and three- unit properties
- Competitive interest rates and fees
- Quick and easy conventional mortgage process
- Non-spouse co-borrowers allowed
- MIPlus Mortgage Payment Protection for eligible borrowers, which helps pay your loan for up to six months if you are deployed or lose your job, or for Reservists and National Guard Members called to active duty
- Income and loan limits apply