Scams to Watch out For
BankFive Security Response Team
If you receive any suspicious mail, emails, text messages, or phone calls purporting to be BankFive asking for your account or personal information, please contact us immediately at 774-888-6100 or toll free at 1-800-679-4420. Our Security Response team will review the messages, verify that they were not sent by BankFive, and help you to determine if your information has been compromised.
What we are doing:
We continually take a variety of steps to protect your sensitive personal information and accounts, including:
What you should do:
- Monitoring accounts for indications of suspicious activity
- Blocking and reissuing cards for affected accountholders
- Reimbursing customers for confirmed fraudulent transactions
Consider these recommendations to verify the security of your personal information and account data:
- Check your account for suspicious activity- review your account statements and transactions, and alert us if you notice anything amiss.
- Enroll in alerts through Online Banking to warn of suspicious activity on your accounts.
- If you have reason to suspect fraud, contact BankFive immediately by phone, by secure email within your Online Banking account, or in-person at any of our branch locations.
This American Bankers Association infographic explores cybersecurity and data breaches, outlining three main topics of interest for BankFive customers:
- Statistics about banks and security breaches
- What consumers think about data breaches
- What banks are doing to protect customers from breaches and cyber threats